ENGLEWOOD – After practicing the last two days, cornerback Tracy Porter was not on the field when the Broncos began their practice work Friday and was ruled out on the injury report released two hours later.
A day earlier, Porter had fully participated in practice for the first time since Oct. 13. Porter’s work had been limited in a pair of practices since then — Oct. 24 and Oct. 31. He didn’t practice at all last Thursday and Friday.
Porter had appeared to make progress in his recovery from symptoms that were a precursor to an August seizure. He went on medication this week, which the Broncos and Porter said had taken care of the problems that beset him.
“We’re still regulating the medication,” Broncos coach John Fox said. “Not that it was a setback, but there was a little bit of an issue, and we’ll evaluate that moving forward. His safety is what’s the utmost concern right now.”
The Broncos had planned to bring Porter along slowly, anyway, so he wasn’t expected to play at Cincinnati.
If and when he returns, there is no guarantee that he will get his job back, given how well Chris Harris and Tony Carter have played in his absence. At the minimum, the Broncos face a conundrum if and when Porter returns.
“That’s a great problem to have,” Fox said Monday.