Every week, the braintrust at Mile High Sports Radio nominates one of their own to run down the top teams in the NFL. In the Week 10 edition, Danny Williams (D-Will) of Morning Mayhem (M-F | 9a-11a) offers his picks.
1. Atlanta Falcons (8-0) – As Ric Flair would say: “To be the best, you have to beat the best, WOOOOH!” And I agree with those words of wisdom. It’s simple: until they get beat, they are the best.
2. New York Giants (6-3) – Underrated future Hall-of-Fame quarterback, underrated Hall-of-Fame head coach, underrated offensive weapons and still one of the best defenses in the NFL = Another underrated run through the NFL to the Super Bowl.
3. New England Patriots (5-3) – I can’t put them in front of the Giants because of what happened in the two Super Bowl losses, but the Patriots, who have the league’s best offense, could beat any other team in the NFL.
4. Chicago Bears (7-1) – They again, have the type of defense to ride to the Super Bowl like they did in 2006. What their D is doing this season is truly special statistically, and if Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall don’t f#*% it up they could go deep in the playoffs.
5. Denver Broncos (5-3) – The Broncos are a different team than they were two months ago and in two months from now they could be No. 1 in these rankings. They just continue to get better and better and better…
6. Green Bay Packers (6-3) – They look like they are getting right at just the right time. Still, something seems missing from this group compared to 2010. But would I be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl? No way, Jose.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) – “Why won’t you just die!?” Just when you think the Steelers are due for a down year they punch you in the face. Their aging D is playing brilliantly and who would you take in the playoffs: The proven Pittsburgh or the never-done-it-before Texans? (HINT: The answer is Pittsburgh)
8. San Francisco 49ers (6-2) – Many might not agree where I have them on this list but as long as Alex Smith is throwing balls for that team they do not have a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl. List of recent Super Bowl winning QBs include: Brees, Manning, Brady, Rogers, Manning…plus, if I believe it in my heart how can I be wrong?
9. Houston Texans (7-1) – Phony, fake, a fugazi tough-guy team. Houston is a fraud and the worst of the “elites.” No second receiving option, overrated defense outside JJ Watt and if they don’t score a ton of points on you (which doesn’t happen in the playoffs) they can (and will) be beat.
10. Indianapolis Colts (5-3) – Maybe a surprise for some to see them on this list – but I love surprises! You have to love the story; worst team in the NFL least year, led by a rookie QB, a unit playing for their ailing coach – if I am any team in the AFC I want no part of these guys.