Every week, the brain trust at Mile High Sports Radio nominates one of their own to run down the top teams in the NFL. In the Week 14 edition Brandon Spano (M-F | 8p-10p) offers his picks.
1. Houston Texans (11-1) – At 11-1 they score the fourth most points and allow the second least. They also have a top five running game and are impossible to run on. Those things, mixed with a fierce pass rush, make them the best team in the NFL.
2. Atlanta Falcons (11-1) – The Falcons are one of only two teams with an 11-1 record. That automatically puts them at number two. Nine wins by a touchdown or less and the easiest schedule in the league might end up proving otherwise though.
3. New England Patriots (9-3) – The Patriots have won six and a row and have averaged over 40 points per game in that span. The next two games between the Texans and the Niners will determine how good they really are.
4. Denver Broncos (10-3) – With eight wins in a row the Broncos are the hottest team in football. They beat the Bucs by a wider margin than any other team has all season. Their only losses are to my top three teams.
5. San Francisco 49ers (8-3-1) – The Niners lost to the Rams last week and have shown that they can be beat when not expected to, but this team has two great QBs and an outstanding defense.
6. Baltimore Ravens (9-3) – The Ravens are slowing down and have won each of the last four weeks by just three points apiece. They aren’t ranked in the top 15 in any defensive or offense run/pass category and could drop fast. Their 9-3 record is the only thing keeping them here.
7. Chicago Bears (8-4) – The Bears lost to the Seahawks but fortunately for the Bears, the Packers also lost to the Hawks and they will see the Pack in two weeks to possibly decide the division. The Bears’ D is still nasty.
8. Green Bay Packers (8-4) – If this was offensive power rankings, the Packers would be much higher. Unfortunately, they can’t stop anybody and it’s led to a close race between them and the Bears.
9. Indianapolis Colts (8-4) – This rookie QB might be having a better year than the one below. At 8-4, this team is heading to the playoffs.
10. Washington Redskins (6-6) – The Steelers, Seahawks, Bengals, and Giants have better records but the Skins have won three straight and are red hot.
For more Broncos and NFL coverage, click here.