On Thursday, the Pac-12 Conference released its schedule for league games, which filled in the gaps on the University of Colorado’s schedule for the 2013 football season.
In conference play, the Buffs will welcome Arizona, Cal, Oregon and USC to Boulder. They will travel to take on Arizona State, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Washington.
MacIntyre and Company catch a break in that Stanford, the defending Pac-12 champion, isn’t on this year’s slate. On the other side of the coin, they also miss out on Washington State, a team that provided the Buffaloes with their only victory in 2012.
Colorado’s non-conference games have been set for months. The Buffaloes will open the season on Saturday, Aug. 31, in Denver against Colorado State at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. CU will then play its next two games at home, on Sept. 7 against Central Arkansas (a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, or FCS) and Sept. 14 versus Fresno State (a date that Buffs fans have circled as a chance to avenge last year’s 69-14 loss).
A few notes from this year’s slate:
* Colorado was make its first-ever trip to Corvallis to take on Oregon State. The schools have played five times, three games in Boulder and two in Portland.
* Family Weekend will be Oct. 5 when CU takes on Oregon, a team that finished 12-1 and No. 2 in most major polls this past season.
* Homecoming falls on Oct. 26 against Arizona, which was 8-5 including a win over Nevada in the New Mexico Bowl.
* Colorado will play five games in November, just the fifth time in its history and the first since 1958 that many are scheduled in the “turkey month.”
* For this first time in 17 years, Colorado won’t play on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Their season finale at Utah is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 30.
* The Buffs do not have a weeknight game in 2013, the first time since 1995 that CU will play every regular season game on a Saturday.
* Colorado will have two byes, which fall on Sept. 21 and Oct. 19.
Colorado Buffaloes – 2013 Schedule
Aug. 31 – vs. Colorado State (Denver)
Sept. 7 – vs. Central Arkansas
Sept. 14 – vs. Fresno State
Sept. 28 – at Oregon State
Oct. 5 – vs. Oregon
Oct. 12 – at Arizona State
Oct. 26 – vs. Arizona
Nov. 2 – at UCLA
Nov. 9 – at Washington
Nov. 16 – vs. California
Nov. 23 – vs. Southern Cal
Nov. 30 – at Utah
For more Buffs news, CLICK HERE