That skid was matched in Miami on Sunday, after the Broncos were beaten in every facet of the game by the Dolphins, 35-9. They’re now only a single loss away from tying their regular-season, single-season record of nine straight losses, set in 1967.
The Broncos struggled on offense, defense and special teams — top to bottom — and had a long day facing former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and former offensive coordinator Adam Gase. Denver leaves Miami 3-9, and the end of the free-fall is nowhere in sight.
For reference, the last time the Broncos were losers of eight straight games…
- Gasoline was selling for 33 cents a gallon.
- The average price of a new car was $2,750.
- The minimum wage increased… to $1.40 an hour.
- The Beatles released “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”.
- Boeing’s first 737 was put into service.
- The first ATM appeared at London’s Barclay’s Bank.