After a back-and-forth series, the Colorado Eagles managed to force a Game 7, setting up only the fifth Game 7 in ECHL Kelly Cup Finals history.
That game, pitting he Eagles against the Florida Everblades, takes place on Saturday, June 9 at 5:00 p.m. MT in Florida.
The good news for Eagles fans here in Northern Colorado is they can take in all the action at Budweiser Events Center, which will host a watch party Saturday night. That, per a release from the Eagles.
All the details about the watch party can be found here, from the release:
Game 7 Watch Party Details:
- Doors will open to season ticket and club seat holders at 3:50pm for initial GA seating. For early access you must show your season ticket ID card, club seat ID, or any printed season ticket from the Finals (Yellow Game A, B, C or D Tickets). The season ticket and club seat entrance will be marked outside the main entrance of the BEC.
- Concessions will be open on the main concourse throughout the event. No outside food or beverages permitted.
- The Eagles merchandise stand will be open with a limited selection of Eagles apparel for sale.
- $2.50 16oz Busch Light Cans will be available on the Bud Light Balcony from doors open to puck drop.
- Big Rob will be the host and emcee for the evening.
- Fans can watch the game on the center scoreboard and the north end screens from the stands. Floor seating will not be offered.
- Fan clappers will be available on entrance courtesy of Pioneer Press.
- Suite holders will need to contact Dana Drake at the Budweiser Events Center for suite access information.
- Fans will still have the opportunity to watch the game at The Summit Windsor and the Tavern in Greeley.
How did we get to this Game 7? The Eagles jumped out to the 1-0 and 2-1 leads in the series, but then Florida ran off two straight wins to take the 3-2 lead in the Kelly Cup Finals. First, the Everblades won in overtime and then shut-out the Eagles 5-0. It looked like the Eagles were done, but Colorado rallied in Game 6 to win 4-2 and force this Game 7.